Fine jewelry is designed to delight and inspire. Fine jewelry is not something to be handled lightly but should be treated with as much tenderness and delicacy as the piece itself. Here are six tips for caring for your LAGOS jewelry:
1. Properly Store: Always store your jewelry in its own LAGOS pouch to keep it from coming into contact with other pieces. Placing jewelry inside of the pouch will also minimize tarnishing.
2. Cleanse Wisely & Use LAGOS jewelry cleaner & polishing cloths: There are differences between precious metal cleansers, pearl cleansers and gemstone metals. LAGOS offers a special care kit with two cleansers – one for metal jewelry and another for gentle cleansing for gemstone or diamond jewelry.
3. Put It On Last: The time-tested rule of caring for your fine jewelry is layering it on after completing your hair and makeup. Particularly with pearls, products such as soap, lotions or perfume can coat them with a film, dulling their silky luster.
4. Inspect Your Jewelry: Check your jewelry regularly so you can determine if a setting, stone or clasp loosens, especially before attempting to cleanse.
5. Avoid The Elements: Steer clear of oceans, hot tubs, saunas, pools, baths or showers while wearing your LAGOS jewelry. Water, heat or chlorine will damage your piece.
6. Respect The Process: The sterling silver used in many of our Caviar designs will oxidize over time. This process only adds to the beauty and patina of your piece.
Learn more about sending in your jewelry to be professionally cleaned, inspected or repaired by LAGOS.